There was a time when a few megabytes of hard disk storage used to take up an entire room. But technology has advanced tremendously over the decades and storage options have become smaller and more compact with each passing year. Nowadays you can easily get storage of even one terabyte in a disk that is smaller than your palms. What’s better- you can even store data nowadays without having any storage device at all. Yes, with cloud services, data storage has been completely revolutionized in the present world.
Cloud storage is a great option that is loaded with all kinds of benefits. You may not only use it store data but can also use it to load all kinds of applications and even servers. Cloud storage is a tremendous advancement in technology and has made storage a much easier and much more inexpensive endeavor. Also, with cloud storage, data storage has become even more compact and data accessibility has no boundaries. You can access any of your data anytime you want, from anywhere I the world, using any device that you have in hand.
10 Advantages of Storing Data in Cloud
Cloud storage is easy to do and there are a tremendous lot of options that you can tap into. When you are going for cloud storage, there are just so many benefits that you can easily get in an instant. Let us discuss some of the excellent advantages of using cloud storage.
- Recovery: Backing up years if stored data is an important part of any enterprise or organization. You have to back up your data coz an emergency can come about anytime leading to the loss of stored data. This could ultimately result in huge losses for the company at large. When you are going for cloud storage, you are actually going for one of the safest options for data storage. Your data is stored in a remote location that can be easily accessed whenever you want and thus becomes the ultimate backup solution.
- Security: When you store data over the cloud, it remains unaffected irrespective of any kind of hardware or software failures. The data you store over the cloud is randomly distributed among many redundant servers. This data has excellent firewall protection and is safe from all kinds of malicious attacks. Cloud servers also ensure that your data will be automatically backed up from time to time thus adding a further layer of security.
- Accessibility: The most terrific thing about saving your data over the cloud is the accessibility factor. We live in a world of smartphones and computers. The small handheld device is a computer and a portal to the entire world. And, you can access all your saved data easily and securely no matter where you are or what device you are using. All you need is your ID and your password and you are good to go!
- Cost-Effective: When you are saving data over a hardware system you need additional resources for maintaining the hardware. This includes manpower, electrical power supply, and so on which adds to the expenditures of your company. However, when you are using cloud storage, you do not need any such resources. Upload from time to time and shut off your system- your data still remains safe! Cloud storage itself is available in cheap and affordable plans and hence acts as a major booster to save cost to your company.
- Share on the Go: When you move to cloud storage a whole different world is opened up to you. This is a well-connected world over which you can easily transfer data and so on. Yes, since the data is stored online it becomes much easier to share. With offline options, you have to transfer the data to removable disks and undergo a lot of hassle. With cloud storage, nothing of this sort will ever bother you.
- Automated: Backing up your data regularly is a tedious and time-consuming affair. When you go for physical storage options you have to keep a regular tab on everything that you are doing. With cloud storage, there is no such hassle. You can back up data with just a click and if that is too much for you, you don’t even have to clock. Cloud storage allows automated options wherein your stored data will be regularly updated at a specific time without you having to click anything at all.
- Scalable: Scalability is an important factor that is available with both cloud and physical storage options. However, scaling your resources is much easier with cloud storage. All you need is a click and you can easily scale up or scale down according to your needs. Also, when you are using cloud storage, you are paying for only the resources that you are using- nothing more, nothing less!
- Synchronization: Data synchronization is an important aspect of backing up because all your data is ever-changing. With a physical hardware element, synchronization is a time-taking affair. However, cloud storage is such an option that is easily accessible from various access points. Be it a computer, a laptop, or a smartphone, the data uploaded to the cloud is accessible through all the devices and the same data is viewable on all the platforms. Any change that you make to your saved data on anyone platform is immediately reflected on all other platforms.
- Convenient: saving data over the cloud happens to be a very convenient option. There is no physical device that you need to always carry around, you can get automated backup options, you can get all the space that you want, and so much more. Since there is no physical handling of a device and the data is stored online, the degree of security is also very high. And, you always get to view the most updated versions of your files immediately through any device!